Learn More About One of the Most Beloved St. Thomas USVI Boutique Hotels
Just a five-minute stroll from the airport, this vintage boutique hotel delightfully blends a lush, tranquil, garden setting with gracious Caribbean style and hospitality; all surprisingly affordable.
Built during WWII as a U.S. naval hospital, the structure was converted into a hotel eight years later. Throughout years of remodels and additions, care has been taken to maintain the quaint, relaxing, authentic Caribbean ambiance.
Two canons bearing the date 1784 flank the lobby entrance. Historians believe they were involved in a skirmish between the British and French in the 18th century. Two smaller canons on the property which point across the bay were discovered in the Charlotte Amalie harbor about 50 years ago; their history is a mystery.
Several different types of accommodations are offered at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, including our new spacious and very private villa rooms with large balconies overlooking the Caribbean. The property has been family owned since the 1950’s, and they cordially invite you to enjoy a very special slice of the Caribbean.
A Piece of History
Lindbergh Bay is named after the famous pilot Charles Lindbergh for his historic flight to St. Thomas in 1928. He needed a flat area to land, which is limited in the mountainous St. Thomas terrain. There were two options debated, Sugar Estate, or the golf course at Mosquito Bay. After his first choice, Sugar Estate, was deemed unsafe to land, they went with their second choice, the field at the golf course. The entire island flocked to celebrate and be apart of the historic moment when Charles Lindbergh landed and visited St. Thomas. Because of this event, Mosquito Bay was renamed Lindbergh Bay, and the golf course where he made his famous decent is now the landing strip to the Cyril E. King Airport.